Sunday 14 April 2013

Well, we've been on the Island since September, and now it's almost time to go back to France.  I went back to check on the house in November, and when Perry's elbow was better, he popped back in December and March. (Perry picked up my paintings from Pierre Diniahet - we had exhibited together in Ducey.  I even managed to sell one!)

A quick and brief summary of what has gone on since I last posted.  Well, the most exciting thing was that Daniel got married.  Even if I say so myself, it was a fantastic wedding and the couple were stunning. (Proud mummy!).We don't hear too much from them at the moment, so I guess everything is fine.

I have exhibited at two exhibitions; one at the Royal Victoria Yacht Club, where I managed to sell a painting, and the other at Quarr Abbey - no takers unfortunately. I am a member of the Isle of Wight Art Group, and each Tuesday manage to produce a drawing of the model of the day (out of my comfort zone here) - sometimes recognisable, sometimes not! Each Friday I paint with a small group at the Royal Victoria Yacht Club - very relaxed and super company. I'm not sure I ever produce anything worth looking at though.

We've had a trip to what I consider the North of England (as high up as Lincolnshire and Staffordshire) and even included Cheshire - good fun.

We have got a mooring for the boat, which is opposite the house.  Great.  Just waiting for the boat to come back now - over to Perry for that.

Met up with a chum from work, Barry, and he has taken up oil painting and is producing some fantastic work. I'm very envious.

We have made loads of friends, and it will be a bit sad to leave them shortly.  However, it won't be for too long.

I will start painting with Couleurs de Bretagne in May, so I'd better start practicing!


No comments: