Tuesday 25 October 2016

Busy, busy, busy. Weather has been good, but no sailing because Perry is doing some repairs to the "facilities" on Bloto.  In the meantime I have finally been doing some painting and some good long dog walks.  First up, finished the oil painting workshop.  Partly successful, but I could seriously have done better.  Subject matter was a bit out of my comfort zone, so therefore I should work harder at it!
This was just an oil sketch on board.  Only took an hour.

Yarmouth Harbour.  Spent most of the time on this.  Some bits OK, but on reflection there were a number of areas that could have been improved.
In the meantime I started some watercolour studies at home to hopefully help me work with a limited palette and yet have harmony with the colours.  Below is the study I have done so far
Tones and colours seemed to work but need to do some more.  I also did the same with oil, but with much more limited success.  That is definitely a work in progress.
Pretty tricky!
With his entry bandana round his neck, Bertie staring at hundred of dogs.
On Sunday Bertie and I went on a sponsored dog walk!  Typical, we got there far too early, which meant Bertie got a bit knackered before it started.  Had a look round some of the displays, and there was one of dog beds, which he proceeded to try out.  I think he wanted to stay there!  Event eventually started at 11.00 and there were loads of dogs.  Poor boy was totally shocked by it all, he'd never seen so many dogs all in one place.   He even gave up barking.  He tried being in front most of the time but had to give way in places.
At Island Harbour, the half way point, where refreshment was put out for the dogs. 
Well he managed the 5k and received a rosette and a certificate.  However, he was absolutely ravenous, and fortunately I had some treats for him which he wolfed down.  As soon as we got home I had to give him a hearty lunch and then he passed out!
Well this is the poor soul after and exhausting day.  Never seen so many dogs and never had to walk with so many of them!

No comments: