Thursday 18 October 2018

Should have posted yesterday, but... oops, forgot.  Interesting week weather wise.  Last Saturday was a very windy day but bright, so we went to the south side of the island for a bit of picture taking.
quite a dramtic sea

Perry having a go at taking pictures

look at that for a dramatic sky

sky and sea spray

moved on to Freshwater, but so did everyone else! The noise of the sea crashing on the beach was deafening.
Sunday obviously it rained! Finished the oil painting course today, lighthouse picture posted last week, but I did a watercolour version of the same view.
Not quite so interesting as the oil version.
  I've been carrying on messing with my oil pastels, but I am beginning to get bored with them as progress is slow! However, last day of oil painting workshop Lee suggested I paint my new lighthouse in a completely different style.  Felt less comfortable with this, but at least I did it.
supposed to be the lighthouse in the narrows between Fort William and Oban
Should be meeting Daniel, Catherine and Alice sometime next week on the mainland, and Friday I will be attending an knife painting workshop.  Hopefully should be good. Must get on and prepare a couple of canvases......

No comments: