Thursday 5 October 2023

 Weather again not too special.  Went sailing for a few hours saturday and sunday, fun, but not sunny.  Swimming is progressing (work in progress as they say).

Painting - few bits and pieces done this week, all sketching of sorts, but that's ok.

Started Moday plein air painting. This is Godshill, unfortunately a bit dull and overcast.
Inktober has started and this is sketch number three.  So far so good.
Have been messing with oil pastels on a Wednesday.  Forgot how much fun they are.  Think I will continue with them on a Wednesday from now on.

Again, working with oil techniques.  Felt the first one was really heavy handed and very, very disappointed.  Think I must have misunderstood what effect I was after.  The one on the right is a bit better and think I will work on that sort of effect.

Also made a "value stick" - nearly completed, which should help with some of the effects both in watercolour and in oil.

Did a couple of outdoor watercolour sketches, but didn't include them here as they are places I seem to repeat again and again.

Have drawn up a loose timetable of painting activities I should do each day.  So far (day three!) I have kept to this timetable.  Only problem is that I now have dendency to rush each activity so that I can say I have done it.  Not the aim of the exercise.

Apparently weather should be ok for this weekend.  Fingers crossed.


No comments: