Wednesday 28 August 2013

Friday 23rd August, set off late afternoon in brilliant sunshine.  Arrived at Combourg about 7.30p.m. only one other chum was there. Rained during the night- here we go again, I hate painting in the rain.
Saturday, signed on and then set up.  After I had roughly pencilled in something, it started to rain.  I covered my stuff up, but it was just too much.  Grabbed everything and went to the van.  Bit difficult to work inside as there just isn't enough room.
Well here is the effort.  I decided to make it nice and bright, but I had lost interest after it rained.  Anyway, evening we moved off to Bazouges la Perouse (not too far away) and guess what, it rained in the night.  Not only that, it was still raining at sign on time.  I was in two minds about quitting.  It eased off, so decided to have a go.  A bit difficult, as it was still very overcast and likely to rain again.  Chose the old school playground, but just as I set up, it rained again.  Moved to a sheltered spot in the playground, but it meant my view was very, very limited.  Worked from here and managed to finish something. 
This is the view from my shelter of the old school and playground.
Here is my version.  Got runner up, so didn't feel too bad in the end.


This was taken Monday.  Boat is now weighed and labelled, ready to go.  Herta the Hymer keeping her company for a her last few days here.


No comments: