Monday 5 August 2013

Well here it is, the BIRTHDAY SPECIAL EDITION BLOG - Happy birthday Perry.  And what did we get for our birthday?
Herta the Hymer - a new camper van (or Motor Home in English).  And are we pleased????

With a nice new bed

Nice seating at a table which extends

Lovely blue upholstery

and a lovely big sink for washing up

What's this? A TV over the bed!

And a TV in the living area! What luxury!

And a garage, where you can put your bike and tools

and leave the dog outside (poor thing).  Doesn't she look lovely. Forgot to say, we've moved to an integrale (or coash buillt in English) van.  Is that a fixed satellite dish I see on top?  No longer having to scramble on top of the bed to manually fix it.

Perfect. The Starship Bavaria has moved on to pastures new, and we have now got Herta the Hymer ready to start a whole new series of adventures.

And there was some painting as well.  Saturday was at Guemene sur Scorff, where I did a drawing, and spoke to most of the inhabitants.

Sunday at a new place, Redene.  This was supposed to be a decorated bread over, but I spent too long talking to my friend Josette, that I managed to lose the plot of what I was doing.  So much for concentration!  All in all, a very good weekend.  Most excitement being the new van.....

4 comments:

Annie B said...

Happy Birthday Parry - I have just had my hair cut for your birthday!!! Anyway your van looks really nice - when are you going to travel to Portugal in it to visit us.
Just had a busy few days with Clare in London - went to see the Coronation exhibition which took me back to the day itself when I was in school. (Can you remember the day?)
Have a great day and I promise to look at the pictures more often and make more comments. All your paintings look great to me Simonne, don't know why you say some are no good.

Anonymous said...

Don't know why I called you Parry - sorry Perry. Trid to join your group but haven't got a google account or any of the others so I haven't joined I will just keep watching and sending messages


Annie

Anonymous said...

Tried to become a friend again but it will not let me use talktalk. I use my talktalk e mail address and the password I use and it wont let me log in

Anonymous said...

dONE IT i AM NOW YOUR FRIEND - SO WWE MUST NEVER BREAK FRIENDS BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ON gOOGLE!!!! ANNIE