Wednesday 24 June 2015

I think computers were invented to confuse people like me!  This time I really am not sure if I will be able to include the pictures.  However, I will try. 

Friday we went to St Gondran.  When we arrived, we appeared to be totally alone.  Had a walk round the village, didn't look too much too paint - oh dear!  Anyway, some of the chums turned up, so things were looking up.  Cute village, but a bit limited in subject matter.  So I ended up painting the church (oh no, not another church where is my imagination!).  After submitting the painting bumped into Madelaine - long time no see.  Good to catch up.  There were some really good pictures, particularly in the oil/acrylic category.  Anyway, I managed to get a runner up, so was not totally displeased.  After that were went off back into the Mayenne, but this time heading for Parne sur Roc.

Managed to find somewhere to park, actually it was in the Salle de Fetes carpark and then took a tour of the town.  Very very cute.  Bertie was totally stressed out because he had to walk very close to a lot of cats!  Mind blowing for a dog! Unfortunately Sunday was a bit overcast.  Nevertheless, I ploughed on as usual.  Painted some rather interesting buildings.  One was  a 15th century timbered place and the other was 19th century but called a Frippier, which was one where the potters worked.  The front was actually only a façade.

Prize giving was fund.  I actually managed 3rd prize cheque for 50 euros and a bottle of red!

I am now back in East Cowes getting a few bits sorted, e.g. buying handlebar tape for my bike.  Will be meeting Carol for lunch at the Lifeboat.  Well here goes, I'll try and get those pictures in......
St Gondran - no idea why it's come out so blue!
Couple of old boys criticising my painting while I was off getting a cake!

Example of how cute Parne sur Roc is

My effort - quite happy with third prize and it will be retained in the Mairie for a while (in the hope that someone wants to buy it).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry not written. Congratulations on your wins. Am stuck with a broken right hand at present , it is strapped up and very painful. Slipped while shopping with Anna in the rain. Getting better with the left hand but its hars. Also kitchen problems. Having new one installed. Disconnected Gas by gas man. Electricial came. we cannot have a double oven and electric hob as requested due to the fact previous kitchen installed incorrectly. Contaced gas man to reconnect - he cannot as extractor fan too low - ne regulations. So back to dtarwing board. have to have 2 new circiuts because of previous error. No have 1/2 a kitchen but no cooking facilities (gas or electric) and a broken hand!!! Can things get worse?