Sunday 22 March 2020

Well what a mess. Here we are in so called almost lock down or self isolation as it is supposed to be called.  I think I prefer social hybernation, and will stick to that.

Fortunately we managed to see Daniel and Catherine and the babies last weekend.  Thank goodness we did, because it's unlikely we're going to be able to visit them again in the near future.  It was absolutely lovel - apart from the weather.  Those little cuties are growing so quickly and already developing individual and endearing characters. 

Perry was supposed to have gone to France this weekend to clear some of the stuff from the house, but managed to defer the date.  Which was lucky because since then Brittany Ferries has cancelled all passenger ferries to France and Spain! 

I have been a bit slow doing the blog as I have been getting pictures ready for three exhibitions - and guess what - two have been cancelled and the other one is just about to be cancelled!  Expense and effort... still never mind.  All being well I should be able to exhibit at a later date.

Friday I found the whole thing of isolation absolutely depressing and lost it for about an hour.  Crazy lady!  I'm ok now.  Took some advice from the internet and am planning my days a little better.  Still managing to take Bertie out for a walk so we do get some fresh air.  Shops have been empty but the roads are still full of cars.

I managed a full day of action yesterday.  Yoga, painting, dog walk, icecream making (yummy) and chocolate cake making (yummy).  Today is Mother's day so I'll start on that ice cream later on!
I have been in touch with a few friends and all appear well.  So if anyone besides Perry reads this make sure you all stay well.  I'll plug on with painting and try and keep this up to date

1 comment:

Perry said...

I read it Simonne and I'm not a Robot; thinks.