Monday 27 May 2013

Well we arrived here at L'Hopital Camfrout after a really long, wet and windy journey. Shouldn't really moan, we are afterall in Finistere where it is always wet and windy! Although it had stopped raining, it was very overcast until the early evening - and the sun made a brief appearance.  A really cute place, only 2000 inhabitants (and that includes all those hidden in the surrounding hillside).  During the second World War a plane was shot down here and the pilot and 3 crew members (from Dudley) are buried in a very tasteful memorial park.

As the evening progressed, other chums started to arrive - you can see their van behind ours.  I started to have an idea of what I was going to paint.  However, the night was still very windy and cold!
OK - so it's now Saturday 25th May, we're signed on (8.00 p.m.), I've made my sketches and I've got all the appropriate summer weather clothes on, including my lovely insulated gloves from Ryde.  Bertie is keeping an eye on my so make sure I try hard!


View of me attemptintg to do something in front of the vans.  Of course, the tide went out - typical! The sun did come out, after work was handed in. and it turned out to be a really lovely afternoon.
Come on mum, get on with it!  and I don't like that colour much. Are you really concentrating?  When's lunch?  I want to go for a pee!  Aren't you ready?  Perry's fallen asleep...Mum!
Oh dear, it didn't turn out as expected.  Never mind.  It's only paper!  After the prize giving, jumped in the van and another 100 kms later.... we arrived at Pont-Croix.
Sunday 26th May - Pont Croix.  Started off pretty cold.  Thought I'd better concentrate a bit better, and not try anything unusual.  Ended up with rather a boring picture.  Perhaps I should have experimented! It did however turn out to be a lovely day, very warm.  There are lots of interesting things to see in this small town, so I'll have another go next year!  We decided that a 5 hour trip home was just too much, so broke it by staying at Josselin which is about halfway home.





No comments: