Sunday 7 January 2024

 My goodness it's cold today, and it looks as though we are likely to have a week of this.  On a positive note, at least it's not raining.

Monday's plein air was at the Lifeboat Pub, here in East Cowes.  Difficult one to get enthusiastic about, especially as it was a little on the dull side.



Just quick sketches from the veranda.

I finished the oil pastel, and decided one of the oil pastel sets I have just had to go.  It isn't smooth and leaves lots of bits.  So into the discard it's gone.

That inspired me to have a look at some of the art supplies I've acquired..... and I cleared out a few things I am just not going to use and don't like.

I started a watercolour painting, and had a problem getting it just the way I wanted it.  After the third attempt I think I've done it.


I'm going to call it Woodland Walk, Mottistone and stare at it for a few days to see if I'm happy with it.  If I am, then I will put it on my website.

Have also done a bit of red chalk, or Conte drawing, which I like.

Will be starting the gouache course soon, but in the meantime have to prepare some bits and bobs for a paintalong next Friday.

For swimming on Tuesday, I had a lane to myself.  Wonderful, and I think I made a bit more progress.  I don't particularly like swimming, but feel I should continue.

Perry has continued working on the boat.  Found a leak, and sorted that.  Appears it was due to stanchion base coming loose.  He's also managed to get in a couple of bike rides, although both times came back absolutely drenched.

Muffin is getting along ok with Henry, although he often doesn't like going out for a morning walk - probably because it's been raining.

Think tomorrow's painting may be a bit of a problem as the forecast is so cold.  Let's wait and see.

No comments: