Sunday 14 January 2024

 Again really very very cold.  Looks like this weather is in to stay for a bit.  Still messing about with photos, learning all the time. When you move an image, the origianl stays in the original file.  No wonder I have about 6 million photos all with similar titles.  Job for today, try and sort it!

Monday saw us painting out in the freezing cold at the Causeway.  Fortunately we all brought a flask and were having our first warm drink after an hour.  I don't think we could have managed much more, but we followed the hour's painting with cake at the End of the Line in Freshwater. Pam was a bit late for the painting, but Mike, Elise and I all managed something.


I am not sure I really like this way of doing sketches and will probably not buy another book like this (oops jusst remembered I have one in the stash!), but the paper is good.

Working on some larger paintings at home.


I am in the process of doing another one of Parkhurst as I feel it could do with a better centre of interest.  However, it's nice to be using more paint!


Followed a paintalong which was supposed to be in gouache, but as I have only a few colours I mixed it was some watercolour as well.  Felt a bit out of control.

Looks like we will definitely have one or two dates to exhibit at Quarr in 2025, but still waiting to hear if we have any cancellations for this year.

Swimming is still progrressingk albeit slowly.  Generally feeling slightly more motivated than the last 18/24 months.  Let's hope that continues.

No comments: