Sunday 15 September 2024

 Three weeks and I haven't posted.  As regards the painting, it's all been a bit difficult.  Enthusiasm is at a minimum and I have found it difficult to concentrate for more than an hour at a time.  The  morning sketches have been turning out to be really rubbishy and the Tuesday painting has all been a bit of something and nothing.   I have painted at Bembridge and it was just ok and also at Osborne house, again just ok,  Must really start seriously thinking about what I am trying to do and achieve.  I have however bought  a couple of sketching bags from Just Go Sketching in the hope that I might get a bit more inspired.

We did have a weekend in Lymington but it didn't turn out to be that great as it was crowded and difficult to get about generally.  It was also for two days just too hot to do anything!

Muffin was very ill last Thursday and we had to take him to the animal hospital.  He is now recovering ably assisted by lots of medication.  That has also stopped us doing anything.

He has a follow up visit this Thursday. I'm sure all will be well.  Then the following week we have to clear everything out of the conservatory because we are having a new roof.  That should take about a week.  Following that we should, hopefully, be clear and aim to get in a bit of sailing before the weather causes severe problems, and hopefully I can get my head round painting!

No comments: