Still been very hot, but at least today has been slightly cooler. Henry is still suffering from the heat, but at least we take him out in the cool first thing in the morning and he seems to like that.
Finally went sailing on Friday. The aim was to go to Yarmouth for lunch, and then home. However, there was a regatta at Yarmouth and we were turned away. Quick as a flash I was on the phone to Lymington Yacht Haven and we got a mooring for lunch. Lovely. Even cheaper than going to the Harbour. The boys had a sleep after lunch and I went off and did my little painting.
Lovely sail both ways, and the day was fun.
I went swimming three times during the week, one of the days felt really hard, but I think it might have been due to the heat, also the pool for some reason didn't have as much water in it as usual, about 15 inches short in depth. I managed to bang my knees on the pool floor twice!
Watercolour live on Thursday. Bit messy, felt very rushed this time.
However, during the week I did manage an oil sketch, quite a few gouache sketches, and watercolour and pen, So I don't feel too bad. I also managed a watercolour which may, or may not, be good enough to frame. Hold the jury decision on that.
Doesn't really look a lot when I read it over, but the heat made it very difficult to do anything and heat lethargy played a strong part!
No comments:
Post a Comment