Sunday, 2 August 2026

 Another very very hot week.  Difficult to get round to doing anything while it is so hot.  It has again been very difficult for Henry.  We are taking him for a walk first thing in the morning, and last thing in the evening, but I think, just like us, he's a bit fatigued with the heat.

However, I have been carrying on with my art stuff.  Going out every morning to paint in watercolour, although I have been going earlier and earlier.  In the day I have been doing an oil pastel sketch, a watercolour sketch, a gouache sketch and one of my "little paintings".  If I can, I do a drawing as well, but that's not always possible.  Put all together, it really doesn't add up to much in time spent on art!

Having spent a few days on the oil pastels, I have decided I probably don't like them enough to keep on with them.  So they have all become relegated to shelf two of my "art room".  Difficult decision, but there is no point carrying on with them when I have so many other media to work with. The result has been that my gouache has actually got  better!  

It has been too hot to do oil during the day, so I haven't progressed with that. However, on Thursday it was oil live evening.  I did participate, although the picture was incredibly flat when I had finished.  I didn't follow the workshop blindly, if I had I think it might have been even flatter.  I started to work on it a little this morning, and there has been the start of improvement.  I will do some more tomorrow.

Weather is going to start to get a bit cooler in a couple of days, so hopefully we'll all get out of this heat slump, and get on to doing a bit more art.

No comments: