Today the weather is finally bearable. We have had some incredibly hot days and nights. I am not sure if this is the end of it or whether there is more to come.
Fortunately I have been busy painting. Oils, watercolour and gouache. On Thursday I followed the live oil painting session. It was as usual very fast and my final result was pretty bad. However on Saturday I redid it on a small oil panel and was not too displeased with the result.
This was done on a 5 x 7 inch panel. (Lucky I am not showing the original mess!).
Following my oil painting with Mike last Friday at Osborne House, I decided to go up there again this Friday and have another go. I managed to find somewhere in the shade and spent nearly 2 hours painting. Although the result was not really a resounding success, I was very pleased that I had managed to get outside and do another oil painting, rather than wait about three years!
I took a bit of artistic licence with the trees. The ground at Osborne is absolutely parched, it's only the shadows which are showing any sort of colour. When I left the spot where I had been painting, I was completely bowled over by the intense heat. Didn't bother to stop for coffee, just came home. Had also made some adjustments to my plein air set up, and they were much better. However, as I am trying to paint in just watermiscible oil paints, I did order a few more when I got home. This followed an order that I had put in for sketchbooks - my plan to have a no, or limited, spend on painting doesn't seem to be working!I only went swimming a couple of times this week, but at least I did it!
In the heat it has again been difficult taking Henry out for his walks and we seem to be going earlier and earlier. Let's hope that very soon we will be able to get back to our normal schedule.
Perry has been trying to work on the boat, even in this heat. He has managed to fix the outboard engine. Although there were a couple of problems with fixing it, it is now in working order, so hopefully, very soon we will be able to go out and anchor somewhere, and get to shore in the dinghy.
I think that's it for now, as we have to take Henry out for his evening walk.
No comments:
Post a Comment